Boxing has always been a sport involving hefty sums of money. So it comes as no surprise that the Forbes’ Hundred Richest Athletes List contains more than a good share of boxers. So we have compiled a list of the top 10 richest boxers in the world. Hope you enjoy it!
- Floyd Mayweather – Regularly seen in the Forbes Rich Lists, Floyd Mayweather has become a legend in America. With a net worth of $ 270 million, he is way ahead of the nearest competitor.
- Manny Pacquiao – c Worth $90 million, he has also acted in movies and released music albums.
- Vitali Klitschko – His nickname is Dr lronfist and most fighters who have succumbed to his vicious hooks will agree that it is a fitting tribute. The Ukranian has defended his heavyweight title successfully and generates much income from fights in Europe. He is estimated to have a net worth of $68 million.
- Bernard Hopkins – Considered one of the greatest middle weight boxers of all time, Bernard Hopkins is still going strong in his boxing career, while approaching the age of 50. His net worth is $ 40 million.
- Wladimir Klitschko – Brother of Vitali, he too dominated the heavyweight section and has an impressive set of records and belts to his name. His net worth has been estimated at $ 30 million.
- David Haye – English professional boxer and former WBA champion, David Haye has come back from retirement and shown critics that he is just as good as ever. His net worth is a cool $ 25 million.
- Juan Manuel Marquez – Defeated the legendary Manny Pacquioa with a knockout last year and his next fight with Timothy Bradley is expected to bring good money into his purse. He has a net estimate of $ 20 million.
- Miguel Cotto – The fight against Mayweather last year was a major payday for Miguel Cotto, netting him almost $ 10 million. His fights against the other big names of the industry have gotten him substantial income. He is estimated at $ 18 million.
- David Diaz– Acclaimed champion of the lightweight division, Diaz accumulated a lot of wealth from major endorsements as well as taking part in well publicized fights. His is estimated to have riches worth $ 15 million.
- Antonio Margarita – Another giant of the modern boxing world, he has fought with and defeated some of the biggest names in contemporary boxing. He is also estimated at $ 15 million.
When compared to other games, boxing is not an easy one. It is dangerous and many times fatal, may be that is the reason why the remunerations are so hefty. But no matter what the naysayers comment the thrill of the game is a high that all boxers look forward to. Nevertheless it’s very difficult for any boxer to make it to the higher echelons of the sport, but once at the top it is usually supremely rewarding.